Last updated: 23rd July 2019
About PokerStars Casino
PokerStars is a downloadable and instant play casino owned by Stars Interactive Limited. Outside the UK territory, PokerStars is managed by TSG Interactive Gaming Europe Ltd and licenced by Malta Gaming Authority. The UK Gambling Commission licence, issued in 2017, applies to the casino operations within the United Kingdom.
Apart from offering a massive selection of slots, RNG casino games, and live dealer tables, PokerStars operator also features a downloadable poker platform (with integrated tutorial) and BetStars online bookie, both with a separate welcome offer for the new members.
For a more customized experience, the players will be able to load the site in different languages selected from the drop-down menu at the top of the casino page, select the time zone, choose the preferred communication channels, automatically convert the currency when placing their bets, etc. There is also a direct link to Twitch, the world’s leading live streaming platform, and a plethora of live poker tournaments with sky-high cash prizes.
The casino games offered on PokerStars are fairness tested and certified by Gaming Laboratories International; the current certificate is reissued in 2016 and will remain valid for the next few years. The casino does not offer an average RTP value across all of the gaming categories, but there is a list of games with the corresponding return to the player percentage and the exact wagering requirement for each of the games (under Stars Rewards section).
- Languages: English, German, Icelandic, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Ukrainian, Japanese, Chinese
- Restricted Territories: Afghanistan, American Samoa, Australia, Bangladesh, Colombia, Egypt, Guam, Hong Kong, Indian States of Telangana, Assam, Odisha, Sikkim and Gujarat, Jordan, Kenya, Kingdom of Bahrain, Kuwait, Malaysia, Mozambique, Nigeria, Northern Marianas Islands, Palestinian Territories, Pakistan, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Slovenia, Tanzania, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, USA (excluding the State of New Jersey), U.S. Minor Outlying Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands, Cuba, Holy See (Vatican City), Iran, Iraq, Israel, Libya, Myanmar (Burma), North Korea, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Sudan, Syria, Washington (State in the USA), Yemen, Zimbabwe.
Bonuses & Promotions
The players’ geographical location will affect the promotional offer, as will their choice of the casino platform. As mentioned, PokerStars and BetPoker lobbies will feature their own promotions, while PokerStars Casino players will be able to claim the first deposit bonus and Free Spins bundle.
The welcome offer will extend to the second and the third deposit as well, awarding the new members with up to $1,200 bonus cash and 2,020 Free Spins. The bonuses are redeemed with the help of a code, and the money is distributed as follows:
- 1st deposit: 100% up to $500 + 20 Free Spins on Progressive slots with $1M prize pot (code WELCOME1)
- 2nd deposit: 100% up to $500 + Mystery Chest with up to 1,000 Free Spins on Progressive Jackpot slots (code WELCOME2)
- 3rd deposit: 100% up to $500 + another Mystery Chest with up to 1,000 Free Spins on Progressive Jackpot slots (code WELCOME3)
The minimum deposit for unlocking the bonuses is $25, and before withdrawing the funds, the casino members will have to meet the wagering requirements by collecting redemption points (the list of games and their contribution value is provided on the Promotions Terms & Condition page).
UK residents will not be eligible for this welcome package bundle, but they will be able to claim the 100% poker deposit bonus up to £400 using STAR400 code. The bonus cash can also be released as US dollars, Canadian dollars, or euros, and the clearance rates are offered under Terms and Conditions.
The new members will also be able to use the code THIRTY for $30 free play, (or TWENTY for £20 Free Play if you reside in the UK).
After the welcome bonuses expire, the members can opt-in for PokerStars Casino Races with 20,000 daily Free Spins pool, collect comp points and StarsCoins, complete challenges for cash prizes, and claim weekly instant wins or Free Spins.
Software & Game Selection
The PokerStars casino section features three main groups of games: Slots (with close to 1,500 releases), Cards and Tables, and Live Casino. Apart from being classified according to the popularity and date of release, the slots are also distributed across the following categories:
- Jackpot – progressive slots;
- Exclusive – video and progressive slots featured exclusively in this casino;
- Megaways – slots with a changing number of paylines on every spin;
- Vegas Slots – Age of the Gods series, Wild Wishes, Epic Ape, etc;
- Recommended – the selection of slot’s based on the players’ previous casino activities and the casino members’ favourites.
RNG casino games are also classified according to the popularity, the number of players, and type – Roulette, Blackjack, Poker, and Other (with Baccarat and First Person Dream Catcher).
The games are supplied by NetEnt, Microgaming, Big Time Gaming and other renowned software suppliers, but despite the size of PokerStars gaming catalogue, filtering the offer according to the providers is not enabled.
- Slots: 1,400+
- Blackjack: 4
- Roulette: 2
- Baccarat: 1
- Video Poker: 14
- Table Games: 10+
- Progressives: 150+
- Payout: Not Stated
- Software: NetEnt, Microgaming, Playtech, Push Gaming, High5Games, Red Tiger, Live 5 Gaming, NYX, The Games Company, iSoftBet, Blueprint Gaming, Playson, Quickspin, 2 by 2 Gaming, Big Time Gaming, Leander Games, Games Warehouse
Live Casino Experience
Live casino tables at PokerStars casino are streamed from Evolution Gaming and Playtech facilities. The selection is amazing and includes all of the latest releases by both developers. The lobby is divided into Roulette, Blackjack, and Pokers casino “floors”, with an extra section for Live Monopoly, Spin a Win, Deal or No Deal, and similar games.
The live tables are reserved for the registered members only, and the members will even be able to play on multiple tables at the same time or return to the lobby during an active game session.
Blackjack lobby is the only one that allows filtering by the table limits ($0.50 – $5, $10 – $50, and $100+), although this hardly makes a significant difference since the min/max bets are also clearly displayed across the games’ thumbnail images. Game show variants are the most affordable category, ranging from $0.10 – $15,000, while the bets in the VIP section and Baccarat Prive tables can reach up to $30,000 per round.
- Software: Evolution Gaming, Playtech
- Live Dealer Games: 120+
Poker Stars accepts payment cards, instant checks, prepaid cards, mobile deposits, and direct bank transfers. The minimum deposit depends on the selected method ($10 is an average), but if you would like to claim the welcome bonus offer, you will need to submit at least $25.
The withdrawals are processed within 72 hours, which seems a bit extensive, but on the upside, it will give you plenty of time to cancel the payout if need be. It will take between 1 and 10 days for the money to settle, depending on the selected method. E-wallets and MuchBetter are the fastest as the transactions are processed in no more than a few minutes. The withdrawals that exceed the total deposited amount will always take around 72 hours, regardless of the selected method.
- Deposit Methods: Instant eCheck, InstaDebit, MuchBetter, Visa, MasterCard, Paysafecard, Neosurf, Bank Transfer, ecoPayz, WebMoney, Wire Transfer, PayPal, Neteller, Skrill, Yandex.Money, PayPal, GamersCard, Qiwi Wallet, AstroPay, PokerStarsPay,
- Withdrawal Methods: Instant eCheck, InstaDebit, MuchBetter, Visa, Bank Transfer, ecoPayz, WebMoney, Wire Transfer, PayPal, Neteller, Skrill, Yandex.Money, PayPal, GamersCard, Qiwi Wallet
- Minimum Deposit: $10
- Minimum Withdrawal: Not Stated
- Maximum Cashout: Not Stated
- Currencies: EUR, NOK, NZD, CAD
In addition to an elaborate Help page, PokerStars offers 24/7 email and live chat support which can be launched after signing into your casino account. The customer support agents can provide assistance in multiple languages, including Chinese, Russian, Swedish, Norwegian, and English.
Complaints should be submitted in written form, while disputes will be handled by IBAS (Independent Betting Adjudication Service).
- Business Hours: 24/7
- Live Chat: Yes
- Email: [email protected]
- Contact Phone: Yes
Pros / Cons
- Great selection of RNG and Live Dealer games
- Mystery Chest Free Spins + bonus cash welcome offer
- Multilingual support available 24/7 via live chat and email
- How to Play page with slots, video poker, live and RNG table games rules
- Downloadable PokerStars poker app (desktop and mobile)
- Territorial restrictions that apply to the welcome offer
- Somewhat confusing redemption points system replacing wagering requirements
- No option to filter the offer according to the provider
- No demo play mode
PokerStars has a lot to offer, which is why sometimes the platform can seem a bit overwhelming and slightly chaotic. With a few interface improvements, additional gaming categories, and advanced search filters, navigation would be much more comfortable (and efficient), but even as it is now, PokerStars remains highly competitive. With poker, sportsbook, and casino lobbies, PokerStars has everything you need on a single platform, including frequent promotions and a progress-based loyalty program – pretty much all you would expect from a decent online casino.